Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Colicchio & Sons

After several good meals at the adjacent Tap Room, I finally tried the main dining room at Colicchio & Sons  last night. I think it's now my favorite Tom Colicchio restaurant. The roasted suckling pig was the best pork dish I've ever had and the chocolate whiskey cake was incredible. I liked the food and atmosphere at C&S much more than Craft.

The four course prix fixe at C&S was reasonably priced at $62. I'll definitely be back for more.

Amuses bouche:
Cauliflower panna cotta topped with celery salad
Parsnip and celery root soup, with croutons
Liverwurst gougere

First course:
Charred tuna
Yukon gold potato
Smoky potato chips
Leek vinaigrette

Second course:
Black bass
Byaldi
Heirloom grains
Roasted tomato eggplant zucchini slices on top of the fish

Third course:
Roasted and braised suckling pig
Polenta. Fava beans, shoots

Dessert:
Chocolate whiskey cake
Passion fuit curd
Coconut sorbet
Cocoa lace tuile

Petit fours:
White chocolate truffle
Biscotti

(photo courtesy of The New York Times)

No comments:

Post a Comment