Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Blue Doodle

I've always considered bartering artworks with one of the many talented painters on Twitter but never acted on that idea until a few weeks ago when Marian Young, a Bridport UK artist, graciously agreed to trade pieces with me.

Marian sent me her Blue Doodle in exchange for a similarly sized portrait study, Monica. Blue Doodle is a delicately hued mixed media piece imbued with calligraphic markings that echo the works of Paul Klee, Cy Twombly, and Mark Tobey.




The painting has such a lyrical, meditative quality, and I derive much pleasure from having it in on my desk. It's quite exciting to exchange works with another Twitter artist and I hope that similar opportunities will come my way again soon.

Thanks again Marian for your wonderful painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment